Friday, July 24, 2015

My Patriotic take on the July Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015

I'm playing along with the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015. The July tag used watercolor techniques and his new distress micro-glaze from ranger. I had some of the old Judikins micro-glaze already so I used that. Never would have thought to use it the way Tim Holtz did in his tutorial...as a watercolor resist! Great idea!
http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2015-july/
So here's my tag using all of the techniques in the July 12 Tags of 2015 tutorial.

I rounded up any patriotic stamps I could find in my collection. For the background I used paper from the Tim Holtz Seasonal Stash. I made a charm using the Tim Holtz fragments and I adhered an image to the back with glossy accents. For the ribbon, I stamped on the ribbon with black archival ink, then followed the tutorial to color the ribbon with red, white, and blue! Cool technique on the ribbon!


Love the distress spritzer! I added lots of distress speckles!
 


Feeling very patriotic after completing my July tag! Thanks to all who serve our country and for the freedoms that we have!

Someday I hope to get the patriotic Tim Holtz mini-blueprints. I have many of the other seasonal blueprints. I have the happy birthday blueprints. I used to get them with the card kits at Archivers but now Archivers is gone...so sad! Well, I guess I better stick to my budget, so I just used whatever I had for the July tag.

I already used up my Tim Holtz budget allotment ordering the new bird crazy dies! Oh boy!
http://timholtz.com/sneak-peek-bird-crazy-with-sizzix/
The stamp I used on the ribbon is an old Inkadinkado stamp called mini patriotic eagle. There are 2 stamps on the sheet. It was $1.99! I don't think it's available any more though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...