Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sept 2014 Tag - Playing along with the Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014

I've been playing along with the Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014! This month we are trying out some new techniques with alcohol inks. Check out the Tim Holtz tutorial to learn how!!

Here is my September Tag featuring Mr. Steampunk Owl, and lots of circles from the Tim Holtz Stamp set "Bitty Grunge".


The alcohol ink background technique worked, but turned out a little darker than I wanted, but then I decided I kind of liked it anyway. I love the circle stamp over the bright colors! The technique was pretty fun and easy!!! I really enjoy playing along with the Tim Holtz 12 tags. Everyone that plays along is so creative and I enjoy learning a new technique every month!!! It's also fun to share what we create!

I love Fall, and for some reason the tag reminds me of fall even though there technically isn't anything really "Fall" happening on the tag.

I'll have to say a few months ago I was scared of the alcohol inks. I mean, who can trust something that evaporates so quickly and smells like something you need to put on a wound? Every time I tried to work with the alcohol inks, I subconciosly felt like someone was going to give me an immunization and I became uncomfortable!

I'm still a little scared of the alcohol inks, but thanks to all the great tutorials, I'm learning how to use them and am enjoying the vibrant colors!

Thanks for checking out my tag!!!

1 comment:

  1. A really cool tag Vic! Love your background and of course the lovely owl! The circles go really well too. You've done so well with the alcohol inks I hope you feel more comfortable using them. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...