Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 2014 Tag - Playing along with the Tim Holtz tags of 2014


http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-april/

I've been  playing along with the Tim Holtz tags of 2014! April was a fun tutorial. I finally learned how to make the pinecone roses! I've had the die for a long time, but was never very good at making the roses. They always turned out like skinny pinecones when I made them before.

Here is a link to the youtube video by CreationsByChristie I used to learn how to make them easier.
I made about 20 while I was watching a tv program so I've got it down! Here is my April tag.

 I just purchased the trellis die. I had to order it as it's not available in any stores in my area. Since it's spring I got out all the flowery embellishments and it was fun to go all flowery on my tag!

The tutorial was great because with a plain tag and some tissue tape, you can look like you are a mixed-media artist in no time! It started out so easy and I was happy with the possibilities. I used different colors of distress paint and you really can't make a mistake. They all look great! Thanks Tim!

The new frameworks dies are very clever and I enjoyed cutting out some cork-paper, and different textures. I made a whole bunch of extras for projects later.

So this was a happy project for me this time. Life is a little challenging for me right now, so it was fun to create and forget about all the other stuff for awhile. Making pretty flowers is good for the soul. I threw in an Eiffel tower as I wish I was in Paris. Someday...

for now have a Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Love your take on the challenge. The colours are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Vic! Your take on Tim's April tag is awesome. And the three tags you did in creating those cool backgrounds are really cool! I love them ALL! I also wanted to thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog. Enjoy your Sunday ! Candy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...