I started off with lots of ideas and great ambitions. I only have 1 framelits set which is the early Halloween set that I ran right out and purchased when it first came out as I love Halloween...along with the mini configurations set. They both sat there forever and I hadn't even created anything using them, although I had used the stamps from the framelits set.
So I was excited to begin work on my neglected configurations boxes!!!
Here is the configurations box all ready to go with the lantern light and everything. I was having fun following the excellent project tutorial by Richele Christensen. Then I had some work deadlines and had to work late a lot, and there were some family birthday celebrations, mass confusion, etc. until I ran out of time.
I did complete 4 of the configurations boxes using stamps and framelits so we'll call those my project.
The witch head is a stamp from the framelit set that I stamped onto shrink plastic. The boxes are so small I decided the framelits would fit better if I shrunk them. I watercolored the witch head after shrinking. The hanging skeletons are also framelits stamped on shrink plastic and cut out with the framelit die. The trim above the skeletons is part of the Tim Holtz iron gate stip die that I snipped out. It makes great spooky trim. Also I used part of the cobweb strip die. The "bone dust" jar is from the Richele Christensen tutorial. Cute!
So I'm happy to have completed these 4 configurations boxes and look forward to making the rest. I've never made a configurations box before and I've been admiring all of your creations! I will post the entire project when it is complete. I've made some cool clay goodies to go in some of the other boxes! I also hope to create some mini-gargoyles for the top. We'll see how it goes.
I also plan to use the black cat, bat, and owl from the rest of the framelits set!
Thanks for checking out my spooky project so far! Thanks also to all those who have posted excellent tutorials on how they did their configurations!!!