Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 12-Tags, Wintery Prancing Deer


http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-december/
I'm playing along with the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 shown above. I love Tim's December tag so I kept it about the same so I could practice the techniques. This was a fun one!

I  purchased the prancing deer die and was excited to try it out! I had fun with the background speckled snow technique but you can't see it in the photo. I didn't have any of the new frosted embossing plastic so I improvised with a piece of plastic packaging covered with Tim Holtz frosted film. Then I embossed that with the snowfall embossing folder and it kind of worked!

I also didn't have any of the word dies, but I do have the individual letter dies called thinlits - alphanumeric so I spelled out the word wishes and die cut it. Then I used ranger texture paste and the Tim Holtz Christmas stencil to create the jingle word over the top of the plastic. Then I covered the paste with glitter. I was in a Christmas glittery mood today, so I really went crazy with the glitter! I love the glitter.

So you can't tell how sparkly this tag is in the photo, but it really sparkles!


I didn't have the new Holiday Greens die, so I used the Festive Greenery strip die instead. I also wanted to try out some fake snow goop I just purchased so I decided to insert the greenery into the snow, and then douse that with glitter! I had a green bell but it was too bright so I toned it down with white alcohol ink mixative, and sprinkled that with glitter!


So I was just living it up with the frosted, snowy and glittery theme. I like how confident the prancing deer looks even though in my tag he looks slightly frozen due to all the ice (glitter) on his coat. =)
The prancing deer is now one of my favorite new dies!

I enjoyed making this tag and am very happy to have completed all 12 tags of 2014! I look forward to many more creative projects next year!

Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...