Monday, June 22, 2015

My strawberry June Tag - Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015

I'm playing along with the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015. The June 12 Tags tutorial made me thirsty!  
Love the plaid and the yummy looking drink that is perfect for holding a gift card!
Here's my strawberry take on the June tag.
I love the strawberry frappuccino, with the whipped cream, of course! I made my own strawberry frappuccino out of various distress inks on the cup that I cut from a manila folder. I was excited to try out my new Tim Holtz die that I found on sale at the local JoAnns! Yipee!


For my frosty drink lid I used a stencil and some texture paste on the back of the lid cutout I cut from plastic packaging. Then I put glitter sparkle goop on the back after the texture paste was dry. This swirl stencil is an ancient stencil from the 1980s. It still works great, you just have to wash the stencil after each use.


For the round circle I used 2 colors of distress paint. I stamped the strawberry onto some cardstock, colored it with markers, and added glossy accents for the luscious strawberry.


I printed my #berrycool hashtag on the computer. I inked up a piece of white burlap to match.


Now I'm so thirsty! Can't wait to go get a strawberry frappuccino at the local starbucks!

Thanks for checking out my yummy tag!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...