Sunday, April 19, 2015

My April Tag - Tim Holtz 12-Tags of 2015

The April tags from the Tim Holtz 12-Tags of 2015 tutorial were so beautiful and full of spring-time blooms I was excited to try it.

Here are my April tags.

I didn't have the Tim Holtz flower stamps but I did have some very similar stamps that I used instead. I enjoyed playing with the water brush, markers, and the distress marker spritzer! I also like sewing on the tags!

I didn't have the Tim Holtz adventure words: block, or adventure words: script either but I do have the Tim Holtz alpha-numeric thinlits dies and they are my favorite. I cut out the words "SHINE", and "BLOOM" with the individual alpha-numeric thinlit letters. I hope to get the other dies some day. I have the Holiday Script words and I love them!

I have a tip for using the individual thinlit letters on the sizzix magnetic platform as the pesky individual letters tend to jump around and resist lining up next to each other because of the magnetic platform.

I put the tag on a table away from the magnetic platform. I put the letters on the tag where I wanted them and used regular clear tape to stick the letters together without sticking the tape down to the tag. Then I took the taped letters and rubbed the tape on the carpet so the tape wouldn't be as sticky, then I placed the taped letters on the tag. Then I was able to put the tag on the magnetic platform and run it through the vagabond machine without the letters moving and without the tape sticking to the tag very much. Then I removed the tape and letters to reveal my word. Ta-da!

Since I didn't have the Tim Holtz script word dies, I had to improvise so I used scribbles black glitter 3D fabric paint to just write out the script word.


I had fun making these happy tags in honor of spring! I love playing along with the Tim Holtz tags of 2015! The tutorial makes it easy to play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...