Sunday, December 28, 2014

My completed Tim Holtz holiday Merriment canvas project!

http://timholtz.com/holiday-merriment/
When I saw the above Tim Holtz Holiday Merriment canvas mini-class on the Tim Holtz blog I knew I wanted to create the project even though Christmas was a few days ago. After Christmas and all the rushing around at Christmas I looked forward to making a project without having to think up anything. I didn't have some of the supplies so I had fun improvising!

Here is my finished project!!!

I didn't have the found relatives occasions, holiday flashcards, or holiday ephemera and it's hard to find those items anywhere after Christmas as they seem to be all out of stock at this point so I found my own substitutions. I had most of the other items so I was able to create the project using the instructions from the Tim Holtz mini-class on his blog!!!

I found my own vintage girl with santa "christmas relative" on the web here. I found the candy canes wrapper ephemera here at littlemisscelebration.com. I didn't have a Tim Holtz monocle so I used a Tim Holtz fragment (clear plastic tag) and stamped on it because I didn't have the Christmas remnant rubs. The stamp didn't work so well, so I fixed it up carefully with a sharpie.I sprayed the back of my "fake monocle" with icicle spray for windows to make it frosted with ice crystals on the back, then I painted around the edge with silver paint for model cars. I glittered around the "christmas relative" and the fake monocle. I wish I had a Tim Holtz holiday word band, but I didn't so I used a different word band. I added some bottlecaps I made using vintage images.

For the rest I followed the instructions on the Tim Holtz blog using the same supplies as Tim.

I love, love, love this project!

Thanks Tim for the free mini-class! I am happy that I was able to complete my mini-class project in the comfort of my own craft room and it was tons of fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...