Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My frozen version of the Tim Holtz Merriment Clock Project!

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/248367834
I really wanted to make the Tim Holtz Holiday Merriment Assemblage clock that he made available on etsy, but the kits were sold out, so I was glad Tim made the instructions available to purchase.

I purchased the instructions and provided my own supplies and made this "Frozen" version!


It's hard to photograph with all the sparkle and the glare from the glass, but I'm so happy with how it turned out. The instructions were easy to follow!
Here's how I decorated the outside of the clock.
I coated the clock with the spray for windows that turns them temporarily to crystal. Then I wiped it off the glass with alcohol, but it gave a nice effect to the clock "bells". Then I covered the outside of the clock with decoupage glue and crystal glitter. Kind of a messy trial and error process. For the inside of the clock I followed Tim's instructions. The only thing different I added was a little porcelain penguin figurine. So cute!

I added a really big silk flower and a bow at the top!

I am very happy I got to try the Tim Holtz clock project from his etsy shop instructions! I feel like I went to one of his classes!

Here are some more photos.


Looks like a blinding snowstorm is going on inside the clock!

Brrrr, looks cold in there! Love the little dangle of charms on the side!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

I'm enjoying my frozen wonderland now, but soon I'm heading off to Disneyland where it's warm! Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...