Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Harry Potter Quilt of Scraps

 


I have been cleaning out some fabric cupboards and noticed I had some small pieces of Harry Potter fabric I had collected over the years. I meant to make a scrap quilt out of the scraps, except I didn't really know how to make quilts very well at the time. 

I decided to make a Harry Potter quilt to be gifted to a Harry Potter fan I know. I gathered up all my fabric and cut out 10 1/2 in squares. For the smaller scraps I sewed peices together to make 10 1/2 squares of smaller pieces. I didn't plan or organize anything as I wanted it to look like it came together by "magic". ha-ha. 

It's a collage quilt for sure, kind of gobby, but I think it will be cherished by the recipient. I sent it off to be machine quilted. It probably won't be back for several months. 

I had fun making this quilt and enjoyed the process of finding the fabric and fitting all the little pieces together. 

The final size is about 66" X 76". Can't wait to see it all finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...