Saturday, January 31, 2015

Jan 2015 12-tags - New Years Flower Pot

http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2015-january/

I have been playing along with the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015. This month flew by but I didn't want to miss making the January tag, so I finished this up today! Instead of making my January tag, I have been playing with my new grandbaby born in January! So much fun!

Instead of making a tag this time, I decorated a clay pot using the same techniques as the Tim Holtz January 2015 tag tutorial! I also added a 3D tattered flower using the same tissue paper on a manila folder.

It's kind of funny seeing the Tim Holtz tag design on a flower pot, but it works!


I started with a plain clay pot, then decorated it with Tim Holtz tissue paper, distress paint, distress spray, the same as the tutorial. It took awhile for the tissue paper to dry, so I was patient and worked on my flower while it dried.

 I cut out some pieces of manila folder the size of the tattered floral die, then glued the tissue paper on the manila folder.
After cutting out 4 large flower pieces, I used distress paint and some distress spray to color my flowers.
I also colored the backs as they might show when making the flower.

To make the flower I followed a tutorial by Hels Sheridan. She makes the most beautiful flowers! Check out her blog "Ink on My Fingers" to see some of the most beautiful Tim Holtz style projects and amazing flowers!

I glued the flower onto a paper party straw that I distressed with distress stain. Then I inserted the straw into a wooden spool so it would stand up.


Here are my various "chit-chat" words for 2015.


I had fun distressing the word "one" following the tutorial, and glittering up the number 5.

More "chit-chat" words. I couldn't find my Tim Holtz "chit-chat" stickers so I had to make my own. I have them somewhere. (Maybe I should have added "get organized" to my 2015 words, but that's no fun!)

So even though I didn't make a "Tag" this time, I have a cool decoration that makes me happy and I finished it just in time.

Thanks for checking out my project!

Here is the beautiful baby girl! I've been having so much playing with her. Isn't her hair amazing!
Grandbabies make the world go round! Oops, she's missing a mitten, and one sock. So cute!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...