Monday, October 13, 2014

Halloween Crow Wreath - Thanks Shelly Hickox!

I love the Stamptramp blog by Shelly Hickox!!!

She made an adorable Halloween Wreath that she originally saw in Williams-Sonoma. I followed her simple instructions and made one and was excited to hang it on my front door.

But then....I saw a bigger grapevine wreath on sale...and there were some black and white Christmas ornaments on sale at Hobby Lobby, and I came up with a bigger version for my front door!


I followed the same instructions on the Stamptramp blog by Shelly Hickox. Then I got some dollar store skeletons. The crow was also from Dollar Tree. They had some black skeletons and bone colored skeletons that are part of a skeleton garland so there are 4 skeletons on each package. I had 2 Christmas floral picks with berries and painted them black. They cost $1.60 but were 50% off at Hobby Lobby. I got 2 picture frame ornaments that were also on sale at Hobby Lobby for 40% off. The owl and the black scroll dangle are also Christmas tree ornaments from the sale.

For the first picture frame I printed a witch image I purchased last year from alphastamps. I added Tim Holtz Halloween rub-ons in the background, added a little watercolor (very watered down) to make the photo look a aged and popped the witch in the frame. I sealed around the edge of the plastic frame to protect the photo from the weather. The bat is a tim holtz bat movers and shapers die that I cut from a pop can. I used a texture folder and some paint to make the bat more scary.


This frame is also a Christmas ornament frame from the Hobby Lobby sale. I printed the photo, and put a "Witch Hazel" rub-on from Tim Holtz over the photo. (The rub-ons come with a black sheet, and a white sheet of rub-ons.)  I sealed the entire photo with a jewelry coating because I broke the glass. oops. I glued on another pop-can bat on the corner.

So that was it. A wreath, some black spray paint, a few ornaments, and some dollar store items and I have a spooky Halloween Wreath that looks like a fancy designer wreath for the door of a Mansion.

I will probably add to it as time goes on. I will look through my old collection of ornaments to see what I can find. Thanks Shelly for the great ideas!

My original small wreath is undergoing a makeover right now as it fell off the door and lost it's crow and is being repaired. It will go on my back door. It's much smaller, but still very cute!


1 comment:

  1. Vicki, your wreath is gorgeous!! I love the additions you made - perfect! Thanks so much for all your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...