Here are my 3 vintage flowers based on the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge tutorial.
I couldn't find my grungeboard, I probably used it all, so I improvised with some metallic paper that is pretty stiff, but flexible. Then I glued on some tissue paper with a key pattern. Then I covered that with a messy mixture of paint and water, let it dry, then covered the whole page with decoupage glue to make it a little stiffer.
After that dried, I painted the other side of the paper and sprayed both sides with perfect pearls mist.
So after I finished my paper, tissue paper, paint, glue sandwiches in blue, pink, yellow, and green I ran them through the vagabond machine with the tattered floral die. I used the green with the leaf die.
I pretty much followed the tutorial after that. I inked all the edges with distress inks to give them dimension and tone down the colors a little to make them look vintage. I cut some more tattered floral petals using some canvas fabric, and some muslin I tea-dyed for a different project a long time ago.
I wanted the flowers to look vintage and at home with antiques. I think they do.
I'll have to try it again when I have time to get some real grungeboard.
It's been cold and snowy out so as I made a mess making these vintage flowers I was dreaming of spring when I can plant some real flowers!!!
Thanks for the fun tutorial!!! I've tried to make flowers with the tattered floral die before, but with me just working on my own they always turned out kind of flat and stupid. This time by following the tutorial they turned out great! Sweet Victory!