Saturday, May 6, 2023

Mermaid Shoes! DIY Encrusted Reebok Sneakers with pearls and rhinestones!

 I decided to bling some new shoes, and try all different baubles and rhinestones to make some "mermaid shoes". The shoes are spectacular!!!


 Here's how I did it: 

Supplies:

Amazon: Briskbloom 60g Mix Pearls and Rhinestones, 3620PCS 2mm-10mm Flatback Rhinestones and Half Pearls for Crafts

 Amazon: Beadsland 2880pcs Flat Back Crystal Rhinestones Round Gems for Nail Art and Craft Glue Fix,Aquamarine AB,SS10,2.7-2.9mm

Aleene's Liquid Fusion Clear Urethane Adhesive, 4-Ounce

Amazon: Mixed Size 2/3/4/5mm 1000Pcs Imitation Pearls Bead Half Round Flatback Pearl Rhinestones Beads Nail Art Crafts DIY Gem Decoration (01 Pure White AB)


Amazon: 4000pcs 3mm Resin Rhinestone Multi-Color Flatback Jelly Resin Rhinestones Bling Glitter Diamond Sparkly Stone for Makeup, Mugs, Tumblers, Craft Decoration (AB White)


Amazon: MARFOREVER 120 Pcs Summer Ocean Themed Sea Charms for Jewelry Making, Assorted Gold Enamel Charm Starfish Seashell Marine Pendants for Necklace Earring Bracelet Jewelry Crafting Gifts for Women Mom
 




 

I put down a line of glue and picked up the beads with either a wax tool, or tweezers that came with some of the gems. I did a small section at a time. I first did the aqua stripes and let them dry for 24 hours. Then I did the large blue pearl mix sections. That was the fun part. Next I did the clear crystal side section. Let it dry for 24 hours. Last I did the chunky pearl heel. I mixed the pearls with a plastic clear gem that made it sparkle! The heel was hardest because of the curve. I did the heel in smaller sections, letting it dry between. After the shoe was done on one side, I did the same thing on the other side, letting each section dry for 24 hours. When the entire shoe was finished, I added some charms to the shoelaces with large white jump rings. 

The shoes turned out so cute and the gems are so much more sparkling than the photos show.

I ended up having to buy one extra pack of the white pearl mix, and another pack of the blue pearl mix as well as I was running out. 

 

Other tools: 
 

This is not inexpensive, but it is very fun and the shoes turn out spectacular! If you want to walk around in Mermaid Sneakers, you have to make some sacrifices! ha-ha. 

I probably spent around $70 on glue and gems. I wanted to try many different kinds of gems, so this shoe is a "sampler" of many gems mixed together in sections. I could have used one kind, but I wanted to try lots. I have some extras to bling a few other shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...